A Better Skin!
We buy the nicest clothes to cover ourselves, the nice car to encapsulate us as we travel.
We buy the nice home to cover and protect our family. Yet, we skimp on the very thing that covers us day, night, rich, poor, sexy or single... OUR SKIN!
* Did you know? Your skin is your largest ORGAN! Pause, resonate with this for a moment. Reflect on some of the things have you placed on your skin this past week.
* Did you know? Fewer than 20 percent of ingredients in commercial personal care products have been reviewed for safety in the last 30 years, according to an Environmental Working Group (EWG) analysis ewg.org/skindeep/
Most of the reviews that have been done, were conducted by a fox in the hen house—the Cosmetics Ingredients Review, which is run by the cosmetics industry!
Not all ingredients need even be mentioned on the label—if they don't want to include one for some reason, they can choose to omit it. Therefore, most personal care product formulations are based on nothing more than marketing success, designed to smell good, look good and feel good when you rub them on your skin, regardless of their impact on your health.
The reality is, many skin care products on the market contain chemicals (including parabens, phthalates, triclosan and others) that have been linked to cancer, hormone disruption, reproductive toxicity and many other health problems.
Do remember, whatever you apply onto your skin will be absorbed into your body, then enters directly into your bloodstream. That is why it is critical to avoid skin care products containing questionable ingredients!
Your skin is one component of your delivery system. You should be just as careful with what you put on your skin, as you are with what you eat, if not more so! You see, your gut actually helps protect you against some of the toxins you ingest by filtering them out ... a protection you do not get when a chemical is absorbed through your skin!
To achieve maximum benefit, or in this case absorption from your natural products, you should do a DETOX.
Just as you do an digestive and organ DETOX after the Holidays, an external DETOX for your skin is critical.
A daily or seasonal detoxification regimen will brighten your skin, reduce aging, acne and redness. In addition, some small changes to your diet and skincare routine can greatly improve the look and feel of your skin.
A few steps to Detoxifying your skin:
1) Start a daily dry brushing routine for a minimum of three months. Brushing your body with a natural bristled brush when it is dry helps improve circulation and stimulates your lymphatic system to release toxins.
2) Clean the skin daily with a detoxifying cleanser. (Check the product label and choose a cleanser that is chemical free, and pH balanced).
3) Soaking in a detoxifying bath a few times per week for 20 - 30 minutes can help clear pollutants from the pores of your skin. Bath Salts
4) Apply a detoxifying clay mask 1 - 2 times per week. Facial Cleansing Polish
5) Apply natural products to nourish and protect your skin. Body Butters
Full explanation of the above steps can be found http://m.wikihow.com/Detox-Your-Skin
What better way to love the skin you’re in, than to start the new year off right with a complete detox inside and out !